Saturday, January 29, 2011

The List so far:

As my new years resolution I decided I wanted to do one fun thing a month that I've never done before or something that I enjoy. So here is what I came up with so far (no necessary order)

1. Go to a Memphis Tigers game....Check!
I got to go with two friends and had a blast! Its so neat to be around all the Memphis Tigers fans.

2. Spend a weekend in Nashville- I really want to go indoor rock climbing, shop at Trader Joes, find some fun vintage/thrift stores, eat at local places and take fun pictures!

3. Spend an extended amount of time away (has to be at least 24hrs) with just me and the Lord...check!

4. Find an open field to watch a Meteor shower... apparently there is an awesome one to watch in August.

5. Go on a road trip to visit my friend Megan in Chattanooga,TN.

6. Take a reupholstering class... For about a year now I have wanted to start a side job of turning old furniture (all types) into new fun pieces to put in a home. When I've taken something that I have found on the side of the road and made it into something useful and beautiful in my eyes I can't help but think of the Gospel. How I was like that piece that had been thrown away but because of Jesus' who has graciously picked me out of the pile, has spent time sanding me down(sanctification), painting me a new color(I've been washed white as snow), making me useful for His glory(redeemed) and sees me as His masterpiece, beautiful in His eyes.

7. Go to a concert- not sure who I want to see yet but going to a show is always fun....check!
8. Go camping with friends- I've heard of some great places around Memphis.

9. Read through the Bible in a year. (this will happen in 2012 by God's grace)

10. Go serve at the soup kitchen and learn from the people I meet.

11. Lose weight... I say it every year and I come up with excuses every year. NO more excuses! So I started going to an intense workout/boot camp called Crossfit. It has been the best thing for me so far this year. It is so fun to see little victories and to realize that the Holy Spirit is changing my mind set towards losing weight.... whoop whoop! CHECK!

12. Save up to go to France! My goal for this one is to go around September/October this year.

13. Journal 1,000 things I am thankful for. This one I don't want to rush through so I'm planning on taking the entire year to journal these out.... almost there in the 800's

14. Have an "urban spoon" date with my friends.... I did this one random night with a friend and had a blast. We locked in the area of town we wanted to go to and the price range we wanted to stay in then clicked the shake button. What ever restaurant it landed on thats where we went.


-------------------------------------------

Other fun things I would love to do in my life time:

1. I heard someone the other day say they were planning on going to the summer olympics next year in Europe..... What an awesome trip that would be!! Not sure I would be able to do next year but one day hopefully I will get the opportunity to go to either summer or winter!

2. Learn how to knit

3. Visit all 50 states

4. Take a road trip up the west coast

5. Go snorkeling in Australia

6. Learn how to skateboard

7. Learn how to surf

more to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment