Friday, May 6, 2011

Lord, teach me how to...


















Its been a long while since I have updated. This month a new adventure has popped up something I hadn't written down and that is to ask the Lord to teach me how to pray. For the most part when I think of prayer its me talking to God but that just a one way street. I am missing out on listening. Then not just listening but obeying.

I hate that I listen to the enemy and believe his lies more than I listen to my Shepherd who tells me the truth. I hate my sinful pride that thinks I can go through a day with out communicating to the Lord instead communicating with Him at all times through out my day. I hate that I give into the flesh more and believe that I'm going to find satisfaction in those desires instead of running to my Prince of Peace who is the one who is going to give me ultimate satisfaction.

So this month is the beginning of something new.... learning how to listen and OBEY my Shepherd who loves, cares and adores me more than I can ever possibly imagine.

John 10

"The man who enters by the gate is the Shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. What he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice."


may we run away from the strangers voice today!

No comments:

Post a Comment