Saturday, January 21, 2012

Yummy raw food dessert!

So I had mentioned earlier how I wanted to actually start eating simply, meaning eating foods as close to their raw state as possible. I started researching raw food diets for a while now and I'm amazed at what I've learned. Many people have been healed and cured (by eating raw) of so many diseases that majority of people either die from or spend their life on medication for.

So here is a fun dessert I just tried today, I found the recipe from Hallelujah Acres, a ministry that is all about teaching/training people about healthy eating.

"An avocado-based, dairyless yogurt with blueberries, but you can make it using strawberries, raspberries, or any other fruit, too!

Ingredients
1 cup blueberries
1 avocado (medium size)
2 Medjool dates
Directions
Set aside 1/8 cup of blueberries. Then place all remaining ingredients in a blender and blend, adding enough distilled water to obtain desired consistency. Remove from blender and stir in the “set aside” whole blueberries. ENJOY

*If you desire a sweeter tasting yogurt, you can add a teaspoon (or to taste) of agave nectar. A few drops of vanilla extract adds a lot of additional flavor."

Have fun experimenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment