Wednesday, February 2, 2011

weight lifting....something I've never done before


Well as apart of my goal to lose weight this year I ran across a groupon in December for a bootcamp work out called Crossfit. I thought "OH this will be great!" thinking this is just what I need to help me jump start my weight loss. After that I started researching more about it, I began to think "OH my goodness what have I gotten myself into, I don't want to be a body builder!"... yes I know I should have done the research first before signing up.

I had no idea Crossfit was this nationwide hard core, weight lifting boot-camp. As I began to watch videos and reading testimonies I was excited to see what this was all about but also scared out of my mind.

This is my favorite video I found off of the Memphis Crossfit website. I really liked the community that it talks about and the challenge that it brings that I don't get working out by myself. So I stepped into Crossfit and to my surprise it has been an absolute blast! I love the atmosphere, the people, the encouragement, the challenge, the puke feeling I get about half way through, the since of accomplishment I feel when I'm done, I desire to eat cleaner and be more disciplined, my clothes are fitting better and I'm excited to say I'm already one size down!!




3 comments:

  1. just added you to my reader....love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan...I'm so proud of you for making this exercise commitment...looks like it is paying off already. Hope to see you sometime soon in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are trying to lose weight, you should read Made to Crave, by Lysa Terkeurst, or at least check out her site!! Amazing book about the Lord's role in our health and how turning the situation of health & weight loss into more of a "god thing" instead of a "self" thing...it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete