Thursday, October 27, 2011

Training...

So the past month or so I started training for my first 1/2 marathon!  I am super excited about this adventure and let me tell ya its been a hard one but with my friend Sally(who is doing it with me) cheering me on its been really life changing.

It's hard for me to believe that this is actually my life.  To think back to the beginning of this year and it was like the beginning of every year I would say "This is the year, this is it, I'm going to change".  For years I've been wanting to change, wanting to be healthy, wanting to be disciplined and control what goes into my mouth instead of it controlling me.  I've tried everything except complete surrender and confession to the Lord.  OH what a merciful God he is! He is changing me and I don't know how to put into words the joy I have in the freedom my Father has given me!  What a gift He has given all of us, to know we all can experience this because of His love for us and his sacrifice on the cross!

There is true joy and freedom in discipline!!

No comments:

Post a Comment